Safety Is Our Priority at SmiLee Dental
The recent COVID-19 pandemic has presented new challenges for all of us in our daily lives. At SmiLee Dental, we always prioritize our patients’ dental health above all. We dedicate to making sure our office provides a safe and clean environment for our patients.
What We’re Doing to Ensure Your Safety
During your procedure at SmiLee Dental, you can feel confident and secure that we’ve taken all the recommended steps to keep you and your loved ones safe during this time. Here’s how we plan to do just that:
1. Dental Care Providers Must Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Enhanced PPE and safety procedures and protocols will be strictly followed to reflect
the latest recommendations from the CDC, OSHA and ADA in all areas of our practices. This includes:
- Face masks (N95 & level 3)
- Face shields and/or goggles
2. Sterilization Procedures Every 30 Minutes
At every location, meticulous sterilization practices will be done every 30 minutes with no exceptions. All surfaces and common areas will be wiped down with a high-grade disinfectant.
3. Air purifier in Every Operatory
We have taken robust air filtration measures, including adding high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters that will scrub our air of larger particles and PCO air purifiers which sterilize and inactivate viruses, bacteria, mold spores, and more. Treatment rooms and common areas have both filters present for maximum effectiveness.
What To Expect When Visiting a Practice
1. Your Arrival at SmiLee Dental
- Only 1 to 2 patients at a time to allow a minimum of 6 feet of separation.
- All magazines and children’s toys have been removed from the waiting room.
- Only patients may enter the practice. We ask that anybody accompanying you wait outside while you are treated.
- Immediately upon entry, you will be asked to use hand sanitizer before checking in (hand sanitizer pumps are disinfected after every use).
- The front desk staff will quickly take your temperature using a non-contact infrared thermometer. If it shows 100 degrees or higher, you will kindly be asked to reschedule.
- Reception will go over a COVID-19 medical questionnaire to determine if you are eligible to be seen.
- If needed, you will be provided with any paperwork and consent forms to complete in your car. If you did not arrive by car, you may wait in one of the available chairs.
- Patients waiting in their cars will be called in and taken directly to the dental exam room.
2. During Your Procedure
- All dental care providers will wear a gown, face shield or protective eyewear, mask and gloves during your treatment.
- You will be asked to rinse your mouth with a 1% hydrogen peroxide solution before starting your procedure.
- Portable barriers will be installed between open bay dental chairs at applicable locations.
If the scheduled appointment is for your child, we kindly ask that you wait outside or in the waiting room while your child is being treated. This process helps to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. You will be contacted as soon as the procedure is complete.
3. Departing After Your Appointment
- There is no need to revisit the front desk after your procedure. Your next appointment will be scheduled using the computer in the operatory room.
- Patient traffic will be directed using a one-way route within the practice. You will most likely be walked out in the opposite way of how you walked in to limit interaction.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact SmiLee Dental. We’re happy to go over the process so you know exactly what to expect during your visit with us.
Welcome and Thank you!
With your safety as our priority at this time, we thank you for being patient and understanding with these necessary changes to our practice. We look forward to partnering with you and your family on your dental health and hope to see you soon.
To make an appointment, please contact our office at 973-218-6027 or email at smiLEEdental18@gmail.com!